Marine ClaimsHow to make a Claim
Firstly, you will require a Claim Form.
This form will need to be completed and emailed to our office : firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you to acknowledge your claim notification and advise whether a surveyor will be appointed.
There are also some additional documents that will help you substantiate your claim for damage / loss:
- Original or certified copy of the Bill of Lading &/or consignment note;
- Original suppliers invoice/s, including packing list/s;
- Copy of claim letter on carrier, and their reply;
- Copy of delivery docket/s &/or receipt/s;
- Repair and or replacement quotes/invoices;
- Original insurance policy (if policy issued overseas);
- Survey or other documents substantiating the extent of loss/damage; and
- Photographs of damaged cargo.
After all relevant documents are received, the claim will be reviewed to determine policy coverage and settlement. Once settlement has been agreed to, a payment will be forwarded to the claimant/insured.